Sunday, August 22, 2010

Turbo Fire makes me feel like I'm on FIRE!


I invested in a new workout program about two months ago. I was off to a great start until I got sick and had to put fitness on the back burner until I was well again. On 8/16/2010 I felt I was ready to jump back into my the program so I kicked off week 1 again and started from the beginning. Here is a brief explanation of what Turbo Fire is.


Turbo Fire is an intense cardio conditioning program that is between 12-20 weeks long. 12 weeks if you have the basic program, 20 weeks if you have the advance program. I have the basic program kit but I do plan on upgrading to the advance program when I'm closer to completing my 12 week program.


Everything you need to get in shape is in this one kit. From cardio to sculpting, toning, core work, and yoga. And what really makes this program effective is the HIIT (pronounced 'HIT') workouts (High Intensity Interval Training workouts). HIIT creates what is called an afterburn effect. This means you can burn more calories and fat up to 24hrs after completing the workout. This is what makes Turbo Fire unique from other traditional cardio programs. With HIIT, you crank up you  metabolism by exercising at your max in up to one minute intervals. By doing this, you are turning your body into a calorie burning machine. Doing an HIIT workout allows your body to burn more calories while you are resting so 4 minutes of HIIT can be more effective than 30 minutes of treadmill.


Turbo Fire is laid out in a structured program that allows you to get the most out of your HIIT workouts without your body breaking down. You workout 6 times a week but you only do 2 or 3 HIIT workouts in that week.


Another fun fact about HIIT is that it's used by athletes and since you are training like an athlete, you definitely need to eat like one. So that means eating every 2-3 hours to make sure you fuel the fire (your metabolism that is). Shakeology (I'll talk about this in another post) also plays a role in getting into shape because you're gonna need a protein supplement to help your muscles recover so you won't be sore. Its also just damn good for your body so you kill two birds with one stone by drinking 1 shakeology a day.


I've completed week 1 and I'm feeling great, I'll give my weight and measurements in my next post. 


I hope you are taking time to do something good for you. Be it eating right for the day or going for a brisk walk, just do something that's good for your soul and decreases stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment